Sometimes it just feels right to have a specific tune for all or some of your callers to listen to before you eventually pick up the phone. With Airtel Kenya’s Hello tunes service, you can customize a specific ringtone that could be either an interesting quote or a tune to music that you love so that whenever someone calls, they’ll listen to the tone until you eventually pick up the phone.
And to be honest, there are a few people I know that have set some really funny tones, mostly using Safaricom Skiza tunes that sometimes you just want to listen and listen forever, especially those done in different mother tongue dialects. We recently explained how you could set a Skiza tune on the Safaricom network and later on Telkom Kenya network’s Beat Yangu and now Airtel.
To set your favorite tone on Airtel Kenya, you can use a text message to subscribe, a USSD code option and even listen to some of the tones before choosing one that suits you. And of course, there are a couple of requirements that I believe if you’re already on this page, chances are you’ve already met them.
- You need to have an Airtel Kenya SIM card
- And a working phone. Doesn’t necessarily have to be a smartphone.
How to set your preferred caller ringtone on Airtel Kenya network.
- First, you might need to listen to the tones before proceeding by dialing 155 and follow prompts.
- Dial *355# and follow prompts
Text based method
- Compose a text message with “BUY <PROMO ID>” and send to 30555
- You’ll need to have the promo ID before proceeding.
Hello Tune charges
- KES 36 per month for Subscription and KES 12 per month to download the song
- KES 1 daily for subscription and KES 1 daily for to download the Song
How to unsubscribe Hello Tune on Airtel Kenya
- Compose a text message with “STOP”
- And send it to 155