If the current crisis we’re facing happened let’s say ten years back when technology in the use of mobile phones to send and receive money was still in its infancy, it could have gotten a lot worse than it is right now and for all this we owe it to cashless payment providers such as MPESA. The corona virus has been established by experts to spreads on contact with shared items such as physical money accounting for the lumpsum of its perceived risks. Today, several financial institutions have an ample option to access various functions on mobile phones via USSD codes and mobile apps.
In our previous post on how Postbank and Coop bank customers can deposit and withdraw money from their bank accounts using MPESA, we highlighted just how mobile money has once again saved the day for giving us an opportunity to do what we love most without exposing ourselves. You can now literally accomplish several transactions on your phone without visiting a banking hall.
Family bank isn’t left out either, the financial institution has provided an ample method that customers can access various services on their mobile phones by utilizing a smartphone app as well as a USSD code. For instance, with a simple mobile phone, Family bank customers can dial a USSD code and easily withdraw money from their bank accounts to MPESA or use Lipa na Mpesa feature to deposit money from their MPESA balance to their accounts.
How to withdraw or send money from Family bank account to MPESA
- On your mobile phone, Dial USSD Code *325#
- Then Login when prompted with your credentials
- Choose M-PESA Option
- Then tap on Family Bank to M-PESA option and select ‘to own number’ or ‘to other mobile’ option
- Complete the transaction details and submit.
- The Beneficiary will receive notification from M-PESA
How to Deposit money to Family bank account from MPESA
- On your MPESA Menu
- Select Lipa na M-PESA, followed by Pay Bill option
- Enter Family Bank MPESA paybill number 222111
- Input Family Bank account number (12 digits)
- Enter the amount
- Enter PIN then confirm transaction