Customers of the Guarantee Trust Bank Kenya (GTBank) can easily use their MPESA numbers to deposit cash into their bank accounts as well as withdraw money from the bank. The financial institution has thus far provided two convenient ways that customers can use to achieve the mentioned objectives.
With the current pandemic that has to date wreaked havoc across the world including here in Kenya, people are now being encouraged to exercise social distancing and avoid handling cash as a means to curb the spread of covid-19. In our efforts to provide detailed editorials on how you can abide by these guidelines by taking advantage of current services offered by various institutions utilizing mobile phones, we have come up with a guide for GTBank customers to easily move cash to and from their accounts using MPESA.
But before we continue, unlike other financial institutions such as Postbank and Coop bank who have embraced the use of USSD codes, GTBank currently uses native MPESA menu to deposit cash and a smartphone app to withdraw to MPESA.
How to deposit money to GTBank account from MPESA
- On your MPESA menu, select – Lipa na MPESA.
- Tap on Paybill.
- Enter GTBank Paybill number: 910200.
- Key in your GTBank account number (new 10-digit account number).
- Enter the amount you want to deposit followed by MPESA PIN.
- Complete the transaction.
How to withdraw money from GTBank account to MPESA
Since the company doesn’t have a USSD code to accomplish this as of now, you’ll need to have a smartphone to access the service. You’ll also need to register for personal Internet Banking at any of their branches (if not registered)
- On your phone, head over to respective app store, Google Play for android and App Store for iOS devices
- Search for “GTBank” app and install
- Login to the app and provide ID, password, the mobile number you wish to transfer funds to as well as the amount to transfer