Gotv is one of the top pay tv service providers in Kenya with some interesting channels on offer including sports, news, children and entertainment channels. Since the stay at home directives were enforced by the government due to the spread of covid-19, most Kenyans have scrambled to subscribe to various services that will keep them entertained while at home.
From our previous editorial, we highlighted how pay tv service providers as well as streaming services have gained a lot from the current situation with Netflix hiring more staff to deal with increased demand for services. Gotv is amongst most prioritized providers in the country, thanks to its links to Dstv that has an impeccable reputation in offering sporting channels more so from the coveted English premier league.
Despite lack of these sporting events, Kenyans have still ended up paying for their subscriptions at least to keep their kids entertained now that schools have closed. Gotv like many other providers accept payment for subscriptions through an MPESA PayBill number.
And as most of us can reckon, MPESA is by far the most reliable mode of payment and many businesses in the country use it. You can find one of our editorials explaining how as an individual or businesses you can apply for the MPESA PayBill number from Safaricom.
How to pay for your Gotv monthly subscription using MPESA PayBill Number
As explained above, MPESA stands to be the most convenient payment technology that organizations in the country use. It has simplified payments to just a few taps right on your mobile phone.
- First, you’ll need to ensure your decoder is on before making the payment
- On your mobile phone, head over to the Safaricom menu then select ‘M-PESA’
- Choose “Lipa na Mpesa” option followed by “Pay Bill”
- Enter GOtv Business number: 423655
- Under “Account Number” type your decoder’s IUC number (On a red sticker at the bottom of the decoder),
- Enter your monthly subscription amount followed by Safaricom PIN number and complete the transaction.
You should subsequently receive a confirmation SMS. Multichoice Kenya will update the payments done via Safaricom at least hourly.