Checking your account balance has never been easier, especially after several financial institutions in the country embraced the use of USSD codes. The Kenya commercial bank in particular has a simple way that customers can query how much balance they have in their accounts right on their mobile phones.
By utilizing USSD code, customers don’t necessarily need to have a smartphone or install an app of any kind. Any type of phone such as the commonly referred to as “kabambe” which is another word for a feature phone can access the bank’s services by using USSD code option.
How to check your KCB account balance on your phone
This service requires that you are already subscribed to KCB Mobi bank which essentially gives the necessary credentials to access your account on phone.
- On your phone, dial *522#
- You’ll be prompted to enter your PIN. Enter then press on OK
- Select “My Account” from the menu
- On the next screen, choose “Balance Enquiry”
- You’ll receive a text message with your bank account balance.