Remember the old days when opening a bank account here in Kenya involved several back and forth and some unrealistic requirements? Today, its easier than ever to open an account and this can be solely done on your mobile phone such as a National Bank of Kenya account. Technology has made it easier for Kenyans to open an account without having to visit the bank offices first for approvals.
The National Bank of Kenya has a savings product that only requires customers access to a mobile device to open an account. Customers can use a USSD option which doesn’t necessitate for a smartphone but rather a cellphone with an active SIM card from any of the available mobile service providers. Within a few steps, you’ll have a working bank account that can immediately start earning customers interest depending on the amount deposited.
Benefits of having a NAT625 account;
- Ability to operate your account from anywhere
- No need to be an existing customer
- Access several services such as view your balance, get a mini statement, transfer money.
- Easily deposit money via MPESA using PayBill number 625625
- You can purchase airtime directly from your account
- Pay school fees directly from your account
- Earn interest of up to 5.5% p.a. on your balance.
How to open a bank account on your mobile phone;
- On your mobile phone, dial *625#
- Then follow prompts and you’ll be a new account holder in no time.