Whether you want to reward your bestie or prefer browsing with a different Airtel line, there’s a simpler way you could directly purchase data bundles on a different number without first having to send credit and consequently subscribing on the respective number. Airtel Kenya has unveiled Amazing data bundles that are way cheaper compared to Safaricom’s offering and even go as far as including free WhatsApp and night bundles.
Although Telkom Kenya has specific night data bundles that can be utilized between 10:00pm and 6:00am, Airtel on its part packages night time data offering with any of its amazing data bundles. Night time data offering has become popular amongst Kenyans even though Safaricom as of this post is yet to unveil such offer.
Airtel Kenya night time data bundles;
Previously, we could easily subscribe to any of Airtel’s club night data, but we now have to buy any of the available Amazing data packages to enjoy a little bit of extra night browsing. For example; for Ksh. 10, you’ll get 100MB that is 50MB for the day and 50MB night data. To subscribe to Airtel night bundle, just Dial *544# and select “Data (Amazing)”
How to buy Airtel data bundles for another number
Purchasing data for another line on the same Airtel network should be as easy as it gets. You only need to follow a few steps;
- Ensure you have sufficient airtime before proceeding.
- On your phone, dial *544#
- Then select “Gift a bundle”
- Choose the data offer you want to buy from the available options; i.e. Amazing or UnlimiNET
- Enter the phone number of the recipient/beneficiary
- Choose your preferred data package such as Ksh. 10 for 100MB (50 + 50-night data) on Amazing packages
- Confirm if it’s a recurring purchase or buy once
- You’ll receive a text message confirming the transaction as well as on the benefiting Airtel number.