Using an iPhone for the very first time comes with its problems and most of us who were previously conversant with the “SIM TOOLKIT” app on an android device can attest to that. While its exciting to move from android to an iPhone at least for some of us, not everything is simple out of the box as most reviewers would like to allude. There are a couple of things that are just easier on an android phone than an iPhone and MPESA is definitely one of them.
If you’ve been hunting all over your iPhone for the MPESA menu, then you’ve come at the right place and most probably not alone. To access the service, you’ll need to navigate some options first unlike the straight forward nature android users enjoy.
How to access MPESA Menu on an iPhone (This guide is for iOS devices running iOS 12.1 or earlier)
- Open the settings app on your device
- Then from the options, tap on “Mobile Data” this is for those who have set “region as Kenya”
- If you’ve set your device’s region as “US”, tap on “Cellular” instead
- On the next window, look for “SIM Applications” and select it
- You’ll see “Safaricom+” and “M-PESA”
- Proceed as necessary and remember to reap this process next time you want to use MPESA.
Unfortunately, Apple hasn’t made the service as accessible as we’d hoped, but some of us still find the hidden MPESA Menu thrilling for some reason.