Telkom Kenya has had some of the best cellular rates for a while now in comparison to Safaricom, they boast some of the best data, voice and text bundles in the country and at some point, I jumped on the bandwagon, not completely but it’s good to have a cheaper alternative that comes in handy. Besides what I’ve seen on their aggressive adverts, I’ve learned a lot on the provider’s services, I was for example really impressed just how easy it was to purchase airtime directly from MPESA – and it’s instant.
If you’ve used MPESA’s LIPA NA MPESA service to pay for bills such as electricity, pay TV or internet, the process is exactly the same. All you need to replace is the Paybill number and account number and all will be a breeze. Telkom Kenya’s official MPESA PAYBILL NO for airtime top up through Safaricom’s MPESA is 777711, and the account number should be your Telkom number.
Here is How to Purchase Telkom Kenya airtime through M-PESA Paybill No 777711
First of course you need to have sufficient balance on your MPESA account, or utilize the fuliza mpesa overdraft facility in case you’re within your maximum limit. I’ve purchased twice for Ksh.50 and only charged Ksh.1 as transaction fee by MPESA.
- Go to your “MPESA” menu on your device and select “LIPA NA MPESA”
- Now you’ll need to enter the Telkom Kenya Business number – which is 777711
- Input your Telkom mobile Number as the account number such as “0771000000” or “0202000000” if it has a landline prefix
- Enter the amount for airtime you intent to purchase
- Enter your MPESA PIN then send
- You’ll receive a confirmation text message of the transaction from MPESA as well as on your Telkom mobile phone.
- Now check your airtime balance by Dialing *144# it should reflect as the process is instant.
Check out kredoh.com that does the same thing but goes ahead are removes the stresses of remembering paybill numbers, transaction charges, and making it easy to pull phone number from you contact when buying for others. It also give a discount on all purchases of 100 and above.
I’m unable to buy credit via paybill