Huduma card was a smart initiative by the government to incorporate most of its services into a single card. In essence, Kenyans with the card would be able to access most of government services such as NSSF, NHIF, e-Citizen without necessarily having to carry additional identification documents. The idea behind the Huduma card was brilliant, but the execution was mostly somewhere in between.
For those who are yet to collect their Huduma cards or are wondering whether they’ve already been issued for collection, there’s a simple way to check using a computer or a smartphone with internet connection. I’m not sure whether the card is still relevant at this point, but it is better to assume the government at some point will go through with the initial promise when the idea was first floated.
How to check if your Huduma card is ready for collection using ID number
- To check whether your Huduma card is ready for collection, you’ll need to have a smartphone or computer with access to the internet connection
- Also not forgetting, you also need to have applied for the card during the application period
- You should also have your National Identification Number (ID), which was used during the application
- Head over to this link https://confirmation.hudumanamba.go.ke/
- Then enter your ID number
- And click on check card status
- In my case it showed “THE CARD HAS NOT BEEN PRODUCED”