I&M Bank has a USSD service that allows customers to easily send money from their bank account to an MPESA registered user. Customers have the option of sending funds to their own MPESA numbers or to someone else who has a valid MPESA account. Transactions via USSD code can be completed on any type of a mobile phone without necessarily having access to the internet.
We always love services that can be accessed using a USSD code for a number of reasons; you don’t need to install an app on your phone, making customers with feature phones feel considered and at the same level as those with smartphones. Secondly, USSD codes don’t need access to the internet, you can accomplish various tasks in the remotest places as long as there’s a cell reception. And lastly, it’s probably the only method that you can access various services with less than Ksh.10.
I&M Bank was clever enough to introduce a USSD code that customers can use to access various services such as withdrawing money from their accounts to MPESA. Unlike other institutions which continue to limit customers to have a smartphone that can be installed with an app, I&M has various options which include an APP as well as online portal.
How to Deposit money from your MPESA to I&M account
- On your MPESA Menu, tap on Lipa na MPESA
- Then select Pay Bill
- Enter the I&M MPESA Business number: 542 542
- Then enter your I&M account number
- Put the amount, then complete the transaction by entering your MPESA PIN
How to withdraw money from I&M account to MPESA
- On your phone, Dial *458#
- Head over to Mobile Money Option (5)
- And Select Account to M-Pesa option (1)
- Choose the respective option and complete the transaction
- Person receiving funds will get a notification from M-PESA advising him/her of received funds