Equity Bank’s customers who fly via jambojet can now rest easy after the lender unveiled a paybill number they can easily use to make payments for their booking. Since equitel was introduced to rival Safaricom’s Mpesa, the platform has steadily been getting more businesses onboard who can now accept payments from the platform – you don’t have to use your credit card or make cash payments anymore if you have an equitel line. The mobile banking technology allows users to make payments right from their mobile phones.
How to Buy Jambojet tickets using equitel service
Jambojet is popularly known to offer some of the most affordable flight rates in Kenya and as such most Kenyans have been using the carrier for local flights. I have therefore come up with a simple guide that Kenyans can utilize to pay for their jambojet flights using equitel. The process is very similar to using Mpesa platform such as paying for your NSSF contributions
How to pay using equitel paybill service
- First you need to have a working equitel line – can easily be acquired from equity bank for current customers
- On your phone, navigate to the equitel menu
- Then select “My Money”, followed by “Send/Pay”
- Choose “Account” then “Paybill”
- Enter Jambojet Business Number “737700”
- Enter your “Booking Reference Number” as the account number
- Put the flight amount, then confirm details
- You’ll receive a confirmation SMS after entering the PIN and sending the payment.
How to Pay for your jambojet flight using mobile money
While on the jambojet website, you’ll need to first activate mobile payment to use equitel as follows;
- Change your region to Kenya
- Enter your mobile phone number without the first zero or country code such as 7******000
- After completing the contact details, select “Mobile Payment” under payment mode
- Dial *737*10# and enter this code to validate your phone number (which you entered earlier on). *This will incur a one-time cost of KES 10
- After your phone number has been validated, you’ll receive a text message detailing the payment procedure.
- Your booking confirmation and itinerary shall also appear on your screen. Here you shall find your Booking Reference Number. Please enter this number (also known as a PNR) as your account number when making your mobile payments. Remember that booking references differ.
Please note, when making the payment using equitel;
- That you enter your booking reference number (PNR) correctly
- You must pay within an hour of receiving your booking confirmation. Bookings not paid for within this period will be cancelled and you will have to book again.
- And finally, do not attempt to pay after the 1 hour booking period elapses.