Safaricom Subscribers who have signed up for the self-care service have something to forward to after the mobile service provider launched a promo that will see customers get up to Ksh1000 worth of airtime every 30 minutes. The promo dubbed as Kwachua Kredo is expected to increase the number of subscribers using the online self-care portal instead of visiting or calling the customer care. This comes in the wake of increased competition on Safaricom’s most popular service – Mpesa, after Kenya’s Equity bank rolled out its thin sim technology offering an alternative mobile money transfer service.
Safaricom subscribers are able to access several services on the self-care portal without having to call Customer Care or Visit the Retail shops, simply dubbed as a “Do-It-Yourself service”. Services include viewing and managing accounts online such as
- Viewing and printing M-PESA statements for up to 6 months for free,
- Obtaining PUK numbers when your phone is locked
- Viewing your Bonga statements
- Viewing Bonga point’s accumulation and usage history,
- Chatting directly with a Customer Care using the live online chat,
- Viewing, browsing and purchasing latest and best deals on offer by Safaricom at the Online shop etc.
To participate in the ‘Kwachua Kredo’ promotion, subscribers are required to Sign up to Safaricom’s Web Self Care service and reveal the hidden digits on a virtual scratch card. If the correct digits are entered, your mobile account gets topped up directly with the amount showing on the virtual scratch card. What are you waiting for? Sign up now on