It all started with “Okoa Jahazi”, a service that was introduced by Safaricom a few months back to aid its subscribers get airtime on credit, then “Kopa Credo” from Airtel came in and now Telkom Kenya has finally followed suit with Pewa emergency credit service where customers are allowed to get airtime in advance and pay later. We’ve all at some point run broke at crucial moments when making a call is worth your life long dreams such as a job interview or one of those moments we all dread for like a medical emergency, its therefore a service that’s incredibly beneficial in all senses. Of course these services are technically different considering variations in their mode of operation, unlike Okoa Jahazi which allows Safaricom subscribers get advance airtime worth KES50; Pewa from Telkom on the other hand only permits customers to get airtime worth KES15 payable at an interest rate of 10% unless its paid back is within 24hrs.
Pewa emergency credit service from Telkom Kenya
- Pewa service is only available to Telkom Telkom Kenya subscribers
- Subscribers cannot use Pewa service for roaming or making international calls
- You must have been using Telkom network for or more than 6months to be eligible for Pewa emergency credit service.
- In case you default or delay payments for more than 5days (120hrs), your Pewa service will be suspended.
- In order to enjoy the Pewa service, your airtime balance must not exceed Ksh.5
- How to use
- Simply dial *133# or send *133*15# to 133 if you’re using Telkom Kenya
- Dial *131# to check balance
- If you don’t utilize your Pewa within the stated validity period, it’ll be rolled over just like normal airtime.
- Pewa credit is a free service, that’s if you repay within 24hrs after which it’ll attract a 10% interest rate.