Walkman used to be a prestigious name among the Sony Ericsson family boasting of superior music experience via an impressive player. Today, this scenario has been put to test by other industry players, discrediting Sony Ericsson of the once most envied capability. As its name suggests, Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman is mainly a music-focused android smart phone with a 1GHz processor capable of recording 720p video clips. Back in the days, before emergence of portable media players and mp3’s, Sony Ericsson’s Walkman brand-name used to rock, while the then cutting edge Dolby digital play lists were limited to 90minutes per tape, Sony ruled the roost. But since then, this segment has evolved and it would be improper to carry forward these nostalgic feelings when comparing Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman to its amazing peers.
Although Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman possesses a unique ’Walkman’ logo name compared to its siblings, the phone does not impress as a music device when compared to its rivals in the industry. It borrows heavily from its Xperia siblings aside from the distinct walkman shortcut button; in fact, Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman uses a similar player to that of Xperia. Part of its challenges manifests from the on board 2GB MicroSD card which is not big enough to absorb enough tracks to amuse music lovers like its able peers such as the iPhone 4S. The phone isn’t meant to compete with iPhone 4S given their price differences; but considering cutting short some music oriented specifications in favor of a low price tag is ridiculous. On the upper side, Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman squarely outperforms other devices in its genre with some serious specifications, it may not realize the ‘Walkman name’s’ expectations, but the device is powerful enough to put a smile on its users with exotic features such as 720p video recording capability.
- Android v2.3.4 Gingerbread operating system, Touch sensitive controls
- 1GHz scorpion Processor, GPU: Adreno202, Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8255
- 4.3inch (320×480 pixels) (180ppi) TFT Capacitive touch screen, 16m colors
- 5.0 Megapixel (2592X1944P) Pri. camera, auto-focus, LED flash
- Geo Tagging, image stabilization, smile and face detection, touch-focus
- Sensors (Proximity, Accelerometer, Compass), VGA-front camera
- Up to 32GB MicroSD card, 320MB storage, 512MB RAM, GPS: A-GPS support
- 7.2Mbps HDSPA, MicroUSB Port, on-the-go support, Stereo FM radio with RDS
- WiFi 802.11/b/g/n, WiFi hotspot, DLNA , Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP, EDR