JTL customers can now utilize Faiba’s eSIM feature that allows to have a non-physical SIM card on their compatible devices. The functionality is available on devices built-in with a special chip that allows for reprogramming to have network and personal information stored on the device itself rather than a separate swappable SIM Card. It was first rolled out in western countries such as the US but has slowly gained traction and introduced in other countries now including Kenya.
Kenya’s Faiba 4G has rolled out the feature to customers who want to have an embedded SIM card on their devices rather than a separate chip. This will effectively mean; customers can have more than one network on their devices without necessarily having two separate SIM card slots. For example, you can have a physical SIM card from Safaricom for MPESA purposes but also add an eSIM from Faiba 4G for internet or voice calls, making sure you have the best service from the two service providers.
How to enable eSIM functionality on your compatible device
- To enjoy this feature, you’ll first need to ensure that you have a compatible device and visit any of Faiba’s shops countrywide.
- Next, you can decide to swap your existing physical SIM card for an eSIM if you are already Faiba’s customer or purchase an eSIM (New purchases cost Sh300 while swapping costs Sh150).
- You should then receive a QR code from the agent
- Scan the code to activate eSIM functionality.
- It will download and save your profile on the device
- After which mobile subscription will be activated.
eSIM compatible devices
|Pixel 2||Galaxy Fold||Razr 2019|
|Pixel 2 XL||Galaxy Note20 5G||Razr 5G|
|Pixel 3||Galaxy Note20|
|Pixel 3 XL||Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G||Microsoft|
|Pixel 3a||Galaxy Note20 Ultra||Surface Duo|
|Pixel 3a XL||Galaxy S20 5G||Windows 10 PCs|
|Pixel 4||Galaxy S20||Others|
|Pixel 4 XL||Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G||Nuu Mobile X5|
|Pixel 4a 5G||Galaxy S20 Ultra||Lenovo Yoga 630|
|Pixel 4a||Galaxy S20+ 5G||HP Spectre Folio|
|Pixel 5||Galaxy S20+||Gemini PDA|
|iPhone 11 Pro Max||iPad Pro 12.9‑inch (4th generation)||Apple Watch Edition Series 6|
|iPhone 11 Pro||iPad Pro 12.9‑inch (3rd generation)||Apple Watch SE|
|iPhone 11||iPad Pro 11‑inch (2nd generation)||Apple Watch Series 6 Aluminum|
|iPhone 12 mini *||iPad Pro 11‑inch (1st generation)||Apple Watch Series 6|
|iPhone 12 Pro Max||iPad Air (4th generation)|
|iPhone 12 Pro||iPad Air (3rd generation)|
|iPhone 12||iPad (8th generation)|
|iPhone SE (2020) *||iPad (7th generation)|
|iPhone XS Max *||iPad mini (5th generation)|