Airtel Kenya has the most affordable calling rates when compared to both Telkom and Safaricom, and while the mobile service provider doesn’t perform well when it comes to data and mobile money transfer services, it has always been my go-to network for those long international calls. We have outlined steps that users can follow to enjoy free airtel to airtel calls on the popular Tubonge tariff which can be accomplished by following some simple USSD prompts.
Tubonge is basically a voice product from Airtel that subscriber’s can opt-in to enjoy low calling rates across various networks and free airtel to airtel calls. It’s therefore suited for Kenyans looking to make cheaper voice calls to their friends on various networks while enjoying free calls within the network.
Current Tubonge offers;
- A daily offer for KSHS. 10
- A weekly offer for KSHS. 50
- Monthly offer that goes for KSHS. 150.
Some important facts about the Tubonge Tariff;
- Customers can make Airtel to Airtel calls at no additional costs and enjoy calls to other networks at Ksh. 2 plus taxes
- Each bundle comes with 100 minutes to make calls within the Airtel network on a daily basis which translates to a total of 3000 minutes per month and 700 minutes every week
- You’ll still need to top up your line to call other networks, although at reduced rates.
How to subscribe to Airtel’s Tubonge tariff;
- First, dial *544# on your airtel phone
- Then choose Tubonge from the menu
- Select your preferred option; daily, weekly or monthly offers
- Confirm the subscription and enjoy