The Co-operative bank just like many other local banks here in Kenya, provide an ample way for customers to move funds from their bank accounts to their MPESA wallets. Thanks to the effects we now have to endure because of the current pandemic, MPESA has become a necessity for users to carry out common cash transactions such as paying utility bills, shopping at various merchants and even some employers have opted to pay their staff via MPESA.
Unlike gone days where you’d have been forced to withdraw cash from your Coop bank account and look for an MPESA agent to deposit to your account, you can simply use a USSD code to easily move cash from a Coop bank account to your MPESA in minutes. All you have to do is follow some simple prompts on your mobile phone and done!
Important notes before using the service.
Since this is a cash related activity, Coop bank has put in place some security measures to guard against fraud and effectively secure their customers earnings.
- This service is available on specific pre-authorized devices and as such if you happen to change your mobile phone or it’s the first time to use this service, you’ll need to visit any coo-operative bank branch to have your phone linked.
- You can either use a USSD code on any mobile phone (doesn’t have to be a smartphone) or download Coo-op’s MCo-opcash application from either the App store for iOS devices or Google Play for android devices.
How to withdraw money from coop bank to MPESA using USSD
- On your mobile phone, dial “*667#” then enter your mobile banking PIN
- From the next page, select “sent money”, then proceed to choose to “Sent to MPESA”
- Choose the number you’re sending to, enter the MPESA mobile phone number or select “My number” if your sending to yourself.
- Next, select the account your sending from, put the amount and confirm the transaction
- You should receive a confirmation message from Coop bank and a subsequent MPESA message for the transaction.
How to withdraw money from Coop bank to MPESA using MCo-opcash application
- Download the app from your respective store i.e. App store for iOS devices and Google Play for android devices
- Launch the app and login using your security PIN
- Choose mobile money
- On the next screen, select MPESA
- Enter the beneficiary MPESA number
- Select the Coop account you’re sending from
- Enter the amount and confirm the transaction.