Landlords, managing agents, developers and body corporates are facing an ever increasing exposure to utilities, such as electricity and water. Utility suppliers, such as Kenya Power or Nairobi Water & Sewerage company, will demand payment based on usage, while tenants dispute amounts and refuse to pay their electricity accounts.
This can result in a serious problem for you! M-PAYA Prepaid can offer a real solution to this problem! As a prepaid electricity sub-metering company, M-PAYA Prepaid assists with the collection of utilities and removes the payment gap between utility suppliers and tenants.
One of the problems that many landlords face are defaulting tenants who may let their accounts fall into arrears. It has become essential for landlords to assist their tenants in planning their electricity usage and the best way to do this is to have a prepaid meter system that enables tenants to check their usage. Prepaid meters allow tenants to monitor their electricity and water consumption which will also enable them to adjust their usage in the future.
This is an advantage for the landlords and is quite beneficial for the tenant as well. Buying electricity through a prepaid meter allows your tenants to control how much they put into the meter on a monthly basis. They will be able to monitor how much electricity they actually use and what it is costing them. This puts the tenant in control of the amount they spend on a monthly basis.
The benefits of M-PAYA Prepaid meters for landlords and property managers are:
- Tenants pay upfront for electricity usage which leads to improved cash flow.
- No unexpected post payment issues experience by the tenant.
- Reduced administration – no more bills for utilities that need to be distributed to tenants.
- Reduced risk on your utility collections – money is collected upfront from tenants.
- Convenient to buy M-PAYA Prepaid electricity with Lipa Na M-PESA Paybill 718889.
- More than one meter can be installed per property.
- Quick and easy prepaid meter installation, get installed in two days.
- More control and transparency for all parties – developer, landlord, managing agent and tenant.
- Call center assistance (0709 058011) for consumers who have prepaid token queries.
About M-PAYA Prepaid Meters
M-PAYA Prepaid is the leading electricity prepaid meter and vending system provider for landlords in Kenya. This unique vending system is the first of its kind and enables clients (both landlords, property owners, developers and managing agents as well as tenants) to access detailed reports which track and manage utility consumption efficiently. We offer an intuitive, client-focused online system that enables Tenants to login and access their entire transaction history. Landlords have detailed reports of their token and transaction history at their fingertips. The system is reliable, with a quick and easy meter registration process.