Unlike iOS users, any Kenyan owning an android device can easily download the ‘Tala’ loan app and use the same to request for a loan, usually approved within a matter of seconds. The loan facility, which was previously known as ‘Mkopo Rahisi’, enables Kenyans with an android phone to request for loans of up to Ksh. 50,000. Users need to create an account though, and taken through some questions that determines if they qualify and how much they can borrow.
Risk analysis is usually based on Mpesa transactions history, and after a successful request, users can opt to repay within a month or the whole amount at the end of the month. Repayments can be done via Mpesa Paybill no: 851900, and loan limits are calculated based on user repayment history.
Tala Loan Tiers;
- Bronze: Ksh. 500 – Ksh. 4,999
- Silver: Ksh. 5000 – Ksh. 9,999
- Gold: Ksh. 10,000 – Ksh. 50,000
Tala Interest rate is calculated between 11% to 15%
How to apply and get Tala Lans from your Android Phone
- Basic requirement is at least to have an android smart phone that you can use to download the Tala Kenya App.
- Head over to the Google Play Store and download the Tala App
- You may also need to link it with a facebook account when registering
- You’ll be prompted to prove further details such as phone number and answer a few questions.
- Qualifying for a loan will depend on how you answer these questions
- You can then start using the service and check your current loan limit as well.
Comment:I paid thinking it increase but my limit stucked at 4000 after paying twice it took their interest and never increase
I need a loan but it happens am using a different gadget because mine is spoilt. Unfortunately am told the devise is linked to another tala account. Am using my safcom line what should I do?
I need 10000
Comment:I need 4000
Want to pay
Need loan heip
I need 10k please. For business
Comment:ineed 2500to improve my shop promise to pay on time
Comment:Hello need your help I pay my loan using id number as a account instead of phone number
Comment:indeed loan to improving my business
Comment:help me to know my loan limit
Tala is good when it comes to issuing loans to the common mwananchi. The only thing they should work on is their interest rates. They are a bit higher compared to other loan apps.
Comment:i need emergency loan of 1000 for medical
Comment:l need 1000 for personal.com
I am requesting for a loan of 25000
Comment:i need 10000
I’m requesting 5000
Comment:i need 5000
Comment:i need 10000 from Tala
Comment: I need 10000 from tala
Need a loan to improve my small scale business
How can i access a loan worth 3000sh and be send to me via m pesa
Can I get 20000sh to my number 0792982606