Unlike iOS users, any Kenyan owning an android device can easily download the ‘Tala’ loan app and use the same to request for a loan, usually approved within a matter of seconds. The loan facility, which was previously known as ‘Mkopo Rahisi’, enables Kenyans with an android phone to request for loans of up to Ksh. 50,000. Users need to create an account though, and taken through some questions that determines if they qualify and how much they can borrow.
Risk analysis is usually based on Mpesa transactions history, and after a successful request, users can opt to repay within a month or the whole amount at the end of the month. Repayments can be done via Mpesa Paybill no: 851900, and loan limits are calculated based on user repayment history.
Tala Loan Tiers;
- Bronze: Ksh. 500 – Ksh. 4,999
- Silver: Ksh. 5000 – Ksh. 9,999
- Gold: Ksh. 10,000 – Ksh. 50,000
Tala Interest rate is calculated between 11% to 15%
How to apply and get Tala Lans from your Android Phone
- Basic requirement is at least to have an android smart phone that you can use to download the Tala Kenya App.
- Head over to the Google Play Store and download the Tala App
- You may also need to link it with a facebook account when registering
- You’ll be prompted to prove further details such as phone number and answer a few questions.
- Qualifying for a loan will depend on how you answer these questions
- You can then start using the service and check your current loan limit as well.