Safaricom introduces M-PESA 1 TAP – a service that’s expected to make it even easier to make payments using the LIPA NA MPESA service. According to Safaricom’s own description, the M-PESA 1 TAP service utilizes other devices such as phone stickers, wristbands or cards to make payments for goods and services securely as long as they are interlinked with your MPESA account. All users need to do is simply tap, enter their Mpesa PIN to pay and go.
What’s needed for M-PESA 1 TAP Service
- M-PESA 1 TAP point of sale device
- To apply for an M-PESA Card you must be at least 18 years old and a holder of either a National Identity Card or a Military ID or a valid Passport or alien ID.
- You must be a registered M-PESA user
- The M-PESA Card is only available to individual M-PESA Customers and is not available to M-PESA Paybill or M-PESA Merchant Customers.
How M-PESA 1 TAP Works
- The vendor keys in total amount to be paid for the goods or services on the M-PESA 1 TAP point of sale device
- Customer Taps their M-PESA 1 TAP tag onto the point of sale device
- A popup appears on your cell asking for your MPESA PIN to complete the transaction
- You can use your M-PESA Card at any outlet with a Lipa Na Mpesa (LNM) Point of Sale (POS)
How to get M-PESA 1 TAP tag (Card, wristband or sticker)
- MPESA users need to visit any MPESA retail shop, Agent or authorized dealer to get the tag at at no cost.
- Your Card will be paired with your MSISDN in the Safaricom M-PESA Card Management System. After which, you will receive a message on your MSISDN advising you of activation.