Safaricom’s Mpesa mobile money transfer service is by far the most successful offering worldwide in its genre; its adoption can best be described as “enormous” considering the number of businesses utilizing the service in Kenya. Recently, the service has successfully entrenched into the savings sector with “now” popular slogans such as M-shwari and KCB M-Benki. We now have M-Akiba – a Government Bond that will be offered exclusively via mobile phone courtesy of the Treasury, Safaricom, NSE and CDSC.
About M-Akiba investment service;
- Open to all Kenyans
- Investors can buy bonds for as low as 3K
- Transactions to be done from your mobile phone
- Interest payments will be tax free
- Interests to be paid semiannually
- Investors will be able to check status of their investment and also view investment statements through their mobile phones at any time.
M-Akiba will be open to all Kenyans from 21st October. You will only need to have a valid ID, dial *889# & follow the prompts.
We will be unveiling more details about M-Akiba as soon as they unfold, so keep it here.
how can i apply if i don’t have a phone that can access the application