Quest for a larger display on mobile devices is evidently becoming a factor if the current trend is anything to go by; it was a possibility envisioned by analysts sometimes back and now its survival is inevitable gauging from new entrants such as the Galaxy Note 2 N7100. I’ve been a big fan of android software since its infancy when growth was still in contention but that’s not our point of attraction on the galaxy note ii, the phone is gigantic by comparison with some serious specs underneath. A ‘normal’ smart phone is averaged to have a display panel of about 3.5inches though thirst for an even larger panel has forced manufactures to stretch beyond this size to about 4inches; however, Galaxy Note 2 (N7100)’s display is ridiculously 5.5inches wide. It’s not my intention to dispute the awesomeness associated with bigger screens but that’s only the pro side, you’d not be shocked if prices as well are over stretched in this case to compensate manufacturer costs.
The previous Note had a 5.3inch panel and now it’s time to stretch our pockets further with the galaxy note ii, both devices have a super amoled screen which’s superbly beyond conventional TFT’s in reproduction of deep black colors. The resolution isn’t far from that of netbooks let alone tablets, at 720×1280 pixels which translates to 267ppi (pixels per inch), you’ll definitely enjoy showing your photo gallery to your mates, browsing web pages with minimal scrolling and reading sharper small text than close rivals. I am not an advocate for Samsung’s S Pen Stylus which gave as an impression of the days of yore but it comes in handy, it’s been tactfully integrated into most activities you’d do on a smart phone the old-fashioned way and honestly, it kind-of looks cool. There are a dozen of commands you can initiate on the galaxy note ii n7100 using the S pen thanks to the bespoke software housed within, the Pen lets you create close to magazine style note pages on which you can embed videos, maps or even photos clearly detailing additional information you’d rather let go unnoted.
- Operating System: Android v4.1.1 Jelly Bean (upgradable to v4.1.2)
- Processor: 1.6GHz Quad-core, GPU: Mali-400MP, Chipset: Exynos 4412 Quad
- Display: 5.5inch (720x1280p) (267ppi) Super-Amoled Capacitive, 16m colors
- Camera: Pri: 8.0MP (3264X2448p) Sec: 1.9MP, Video: 1080p, LED flash
- Storage: Up to 64GB MicroSD card, 16/32/64 GB Internal storage, 2GB RAM
- Data:42Mbps HDSPA, 5.76Mbps HSUPA, LTE: Cat3 50Mbps UL, 100Mbps DL
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 3.0, MicroUSB (MHL), WiFi, Hotspot, DLNA, NFC
- Sensors: GPS with AGPS, Proximity, Accelerometer, Compass,Gyro
- Other ft: Stereo FM with RDS, Auto-focus, touch-focus, face and smile detection