StarTimes TV Kenya has several packages that users can subscribe to on its platform. And sometimes customers may want to upgrade their current bouquets for more channels or downgrade to a lower package that costs relatively cheaper. This can be achieved by just following some simple prompts on their mobile phones without ever needing to call or visits customer care offices.
StarTimes is one of the biggest pay TV service providers in the country, it prides to have some of the best world class channels that provide content ranging from Kids entertainment, News, General Entertainment and Live Sporting events.
Just recently, the Pay TV service provider included some renown channels on its platform, including DreamWorks and has been forging some partnerships to showcase the much-loved sporting events such as Europa League. Currently, MultiChoice owned Dstv Kenya has exclusive rights to Europe’s most lucrative sporting event – the Premier League, but has faced immense pressure in other areas such as streaming services which is dominated by Netflix. Although Dstv has now unveiled a range of devices that will make it possible to tap into the streaming services segment.
There are a couple of things to note before deciding to upgrade or downgrade your current StarTimes bouquet.
- You’ll need to have some funds in your account balance to access channels after the shift
- You can downgrade or upgrade to any of the Pay TV’s current package offering which include; Nyota, Basic, Classic and Unique
How to change your current StarTimes package
- On your StarTimes registered phone, dial *858#
- Then select “Package Change”
- Choose type of decoder between “Dish” for satellite and “Digital” for normal Terrestrial decoder
- Then proceed to select your preferred new bouquet