There are a couple of ways you could share Airtel Kenya’s airtime with buddies in just a few steps. It’s a revolutionary way that mimics Safaricom’s Sambaza and Telkom’s Pewa service which allows subscribers on the network to send/share part of their airtime balance with other users on the same network. There are several reasons why this service could be ideal; for example, a friend with enough airtime to share with another friend on the same network, or even an employer who for some reason distributes credit to staff in a similar manner.
While Safaricoms Sambaza and Telkom’s Pewa services can be accessed in a single method, Airtel Kenya has provided a few ways you could still accomplish the same purpose. Like Safaricom, you could use sim tools to access the Me2u menu, or even use a USSD code just like Telkom Kenya.
There are some few points to note;
- You can transfer between Ksh.10 to Ksh.1000 worth of Airtel airtime per day
- Obviously, this service is only available to share credit between Airtel and Airtel phone numbers
How to send Airtel Airtime using SIM Tool options;
- Launch your SIM Tool app on your phone,
- Select Me2U option
- Choose the send airtime option
- Enter the credit amount you intent to share
- Key in your password and press send
How to share Airtel credit via a text message
- Compose a new text message in the following format
- 2u [space] <phone number> [space] <amount> [space] <password>
- Example: to send KSH30 to 0733 456789 (Simply type: 2u 0733456789 30 0000 and send the SMS to 5050