Kenya by far has more advanced and revolutionized ways that people can make payments for various services ranging from monthly utility bills like electricity to school fees payments courtesy of abundant mobile payment modes currently available. It’s not by any means the leading country with ease of payment methods including but not limited to mobile money services; however, it’s at the top with others alike. As other economies are fast moving towards versatile banking services such as apple pay; on our part, we are already there with the likes of Mpesa, Airtel money, T-Kash and Equitel. In an effort to make use of these various technologies, Cooperative bank of Kenya has unveiled various solutions to aid parents with school fees payment.
Parents can pay for their children’s school fees using either of the methods below.
- M-Pesa PayBill 400222
- MCo-op Cash App
- MCo-op Cash USSD *667#
- or at a Co-op Kwa Jirani near you.
So instead of putting up with longer queues at Co-operative banking halls, you’d better choose on any of the methods and save yourself some important time. An important disclaimer though –the school you’re paying to must be supported by cooperative bank i.e. have an account with them and so forth.
Paying School fees via Mpesa PayBill 400222
- Head over to Lipa na M-Pesa (PayBill) just as you’d do with any other payment
- Under the Business Number, enter 400222
- Enter Account Number as School Code followed by # followed by the student number, for example, 1059#123456789
- Enter the amount being paid for school fees
- Put your Mpesa PIN
- And confirm the transaction
- You’ll receive an SMS confirming the transaction
Paying School fees through MCo-op Cash App
- Log in to MCo-op Cash
- Select OTHER PAYMENTS
- Select SCHOOL FEES
- Enter school code/business number; click here to confirm your school’s coordinates
- Enter account to pay from
- Enter student number
- Confirm transaction
- Receive SMS confirming that the transaction was successful
Paying School fees through MCo-op Cash USSD *667#
- On your phone, dial *667#
- Enter MCo-op Cash PIN
- Follow Prompts.
How to pay at a Co-op Kwa Jirani Agent
You can also deposit cash in the school’s account at your nearest Co-op Kwa Jirani for FREE! You will get a receipt showing the student’s name, ID Number and the amount paid