1. Choose a service you want to enquire about.
2. Create a new SMS in the specific format. For instance, to get a Driving license Postage Status confirmation, type the following message: DLSTATUS#CofCnumber (replace CofCnumber with Certificate of Competence number on the Interim Driving Licence) N.B. There should be no spaces between words.
3. Send the SMS to 22572 and wait for a reply.
4. You will receive an SMS reply
How to use KRA USSD SERVICE
1. Dial a USSD code *572# on the mobile phone
You’ll get an option menu as indicated below on your phone.
Welcome to KRA.
2. Select number 1 and send for Enquiry. A menu listing KRA departments will be displayed on the phone as follows:
I. Domestic Services
II. Customs Services
III. Road Transport Services
3. Select a number depending on the service required. If you select a menu with a list of services for Road Transport Department, it will be displayed as follows:
1. Logbook Postage Status
2. DL Postage Status
3. DL Classes Confirmation
4. Select number 2 and send for Driving Licence (DL) Postage Status.
5. Type a valid Certificate of Competence Number (C of C number, e.g. 55555) and send.
6. You will get a message that will contain your DL postage details and status (Dispatched, Not dispatched, Returned to KRA). N.B.: A cost of KSh.10 for both SMS & USSD will apply across all mobile networks.