You’d imagine the Asha 205 was specially made for East Africa as its barely weeks after it was announced and it’s already here, it’s a feature device and like the rest of Asha siblings – it has something you’d hardly get on a pricier smart phone, in this case a Qwerty keypad and Dual Sim capability. A few days back, I did a comprehensive narrative about this phone, you can have a look here if you really intent to get one. Like any other handset on the market, there’re plenty of benefits you’d enjoy on this Asha as well as cons you’ll have to accommodate, it’s not the best handset we’ve reviewed but it’ll effectively please the correct target group.
Since there’s already an in depth analysis of the Asha 205, I want to focus mainly on the latest revelation where Nokia veterans in East Africa now have a shot in their arm. If Nokia is your favorite brand, or you’d like to own a Qwerty phone or you’re just hard pressed economically, then you’ll enjoy this.
Today, we got some positive news from Nokia about the official availability of Asha 205 Dual Sim in East Africa. It’s one of the cheapest devices from Nokia but with some interesting inclusions such as a dedicated Facebook button, making it suitable for social trolls who are disappointed or just impatient with long queues of interfaces placed before their social profiles. Other social apps included on this handset are eBuddy, Chat, twitter and most importantly support for major email accounts like Gmail.
Beyond the software, the phone comes in several attractive colors like Orange, Magenta and Cyan. You can get one at selected stores in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda at an almost rock-bottom price as shown below;
- Nokia Asha 205 Price in Kenya: Kshs 5,499
- Nokia Asha 205 Price in Uganda: UGX 215,000
- Nokia Asha 205 Price in Tanzania: Kshs 120,00
Key features on this Phone include;
- eBuddy screen notification that keep users up to the minute on new conversations
- 40 free EA Games available for download plus thousands of apps from Nokia’s ovi store
- Nokia’s exclusive Easy Swap technology that enables consumers to change SIM cards without turning off their phones
- Capable of remembering settings of up to five SIM cards on the Dual Sim feature
- Great Standby time: up to 25 days
- Nokia’s nearby – a web app that helps consumers discover points of interest such as restaurants, ATM and shopping