The low price tag placed on Nokia Asha 201 tested our patience and we had to forgive a lot while scrutinizing it under our microscope. There are significant similarities between Asha 201 and its sibling Asha 200, ranging from design to a QWERTY keypad with only Dual SIM capability drawing a line in between them. The phone looks cheap but a QWERTY keypad and colorful design adds that professional feel, you’d be forgiven for mistaking Nokia Asha 201 for a BlackBerry, and not from the Finnish company, as it looks just like one of RIM’s business-minded gadgets. Its build quality feels sturdy enough, so those minor accidents won’t be a big issue and the glossy translucent plastic on the back is rather neat, the phone comes in various color choices too, ranging from navy blue, orange, black, white, pink, blue, lime green and light pink hues. At 14mm thick, Nokia Asha 201 is not the slimmest phone we’ve seen, but its light (105g to be precise) and will fit in the smallest pockets.
It runs on Nokia’s Symbian 40 OS, so you can download java games and apps that suite your style. Around the back, there’s a 2-megapixel camera without Led flash, so don’t expect to snap brilliant photos and video especially in dark places. There’s an FM radio inside and you’ll be amazed by the FM recorder feature that lets you record tracks from your radio to your phone. On top of 10MB internal storage, you can expand using an external MicroSD card up to 32GB. Battery life for Nokia Asha 201 is fairly good as there’s not much onboard that could drain power reserves that quickly. There’s no 3G or WiFi onboard, however, EDGE and GPRS will do just fine for your browsing needs.
- Operating System: Symbian 40 software
- Display : 2.4inch (240x320p) (167ppi), TFT, 256k colors
- Primary Camera: 2.0 Megapixel (1600x1200p)
- Storage: Up to 32GB MicroSD, 10MB storage, 32MB RAM, 64MB ROM
- Connectivity: MicroUSB v2.0, Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP, EDR
- Internet: GPRS, EDGE, Browser: WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML, Adobe Flash Lite
- Other features: FM Radio with RDS, FM recording
- Battery: Standard Lithium ion 1430mAh