After Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 was unveiled in Kenya at Safaricom retail outlets, one fact become clearer; it was the best alternative to the now fading Huawei U8150, its one of the cheapest devices running on Android operating system in the industry. Google’s outsourced Android software is fast becoming popular in Kenya compared to Blackberry OS on RIM’s products, iOS on Apple’s devices and Windows Phone software which is embraced by Nokia on its high-end devices. Huawei U8150 currently boasts as the cheapest Android device in the country consequently recording the most impressive sales in the market segment since its inception in Kenya. Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 is fast becoming popular in the country due to its pocket friendliness coupled by some of the flourished features in the industry, it has also emerged as the best deal during the Safaricom open day, attracting majority of the visiting customers.
- Android v2.2 froyo operating system
- 600MHz ARMv6 Processor, 160MB onboard memory
- 3.15 (2048×1536) Megapixel Camera
- Supports up to 32GB external MicroSD card, 2GB MicroSD card included
- Bluetooth, TouchWiz V3.0UI, 3G; HSDPA 7.2Mbps