The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) has opened the application window for students seeking admission to various degree, diploma, and certificate courses in universities and colleges across Kenya. If you’re eager to embark on your academic journey, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to apply through the KUCCPS online system:
- The application is open to 2023 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) students.
- Form four leavers from 2000 to 2022 are also eligible to apply.
- Access the Student Portal: Visit the KUCCPS student portal at www.student.kuccps.net.
- Login Details: Use your KCSE Index Number as the username and enter the KCSE Year. For the password, use either your Birth Certificate Number or KCPE Number (as used in KCSE Exam Registration).
- Select Preferred Programs: Browse through the available programs and select the ones that interest you. Move the selected programs into the Course Basket for easier organization.
- Enter Programme Codes: Once you’ve finalized your selection, enter the respective programme codes for the courses you wish to apply for.
- Save or Add to Basket: You can either write down the codes for later application or add the programs directly to your Course Basket by clicking the “ADD” button.
- Review and Submit: Double-check the Programme Codes to ensure they correspond to your preferred courses. Once confirmed, submit your application and proceed to the next step.
- Payment Instructions: Follow the instructions provided for payment of the placement processing fee. This fee should be paid after selecting the courses while awaiting approval.
- Confirmation: After submitting your application and payment, await confirmation of your application status.
- The application portal will be open until February 20, 2024, so it’s advisable to apply early.
- There are 39 public universities eligible for government scholarships and Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) loans.
- Students opting for courses at private universities will be eligible for HELB loans only.
- There are 237 public colleges offering diploma courses, and students enrolled in these institutions are eligible for government scholarships and HELB loans.
- Courses available for KCSE students include degree, diploma, certificate, and artisan (level 4 programs), with degree programs reserved for students who scored C+ and above.
By following these steps, you can successfully apply for courses through the KUCCPS online system and kickstart your academic journey towards a brighter future. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to pursue your educational aspirations and unlock new possibilities in your academic and professional life. Apply now and take the first step towards realizing your dreams!