In a bid to alleviate the cumbersome process of SIM card registration, Safaricom introduced a convenient online portal. This article delves into the step-by-step guide on how to update your SIM card registration details from the comfort of your home.
The Eased Pressure: With the Communication Authority of Kenya extending the SIM registration deadline by five months, the chaotic queues observed in the preceding weeks have considerably subsided. This extension offers Kenyan subscribers a breathing space to ensure their SIM cards are properly registered without the hustle and bustle.
The Online Solution: Safaricom’s introduction of an online portal for SIM card registration updates is a welcome relief for subscribers. This means you no longer have to endure the queues at Safaricom shops or agents; instead, you can conveniently perform the update from the comfort of your home for yourself and others.
- Visit the Safaricom Portal: Head to www.safaricom.com/account/kyc-upload to access the registration portal.
- Enter Phone Number: Input the phone number for which you wish to update details.
- Receive OTP: You’ll receive a one-time password (OTP); enter it to continue.
- Select Registered Numbers: A list of all phone numbers registered under you will appear. Choose the relevant ones and proceed.
- ID Image Upload: Upload clear and properly cropped images of your ID, both front and back.
- Verification: Click “Verify” to complete the process.
Using mySafaricom App:
- Notice on Homepage: Find the notice to verify SIM details on the mySafaricom App homepage.
- Alternatively, Access from Account Page: If not visible, navigate to the Account page and click “Update SIM Registration Details.”
- Follow Steps: Go through the outlined steps, providing the required details.
- Number Verification: Verify your listed numbers.
Updating Safaricom SIM card registration details online is now a straightforward process that can be completed within minutes. Ensure the accuracy of listed phone numbers and extend a helping hand to those who might still need to update their details. For any discrepancies or unlisted numbers, contacting the nearest Safaricom Shop or dialing *106# for assistance is recommended. Streamlining this process aligns with the evolving technological landscape, making it more accessible for the Kenyan audience.