NCBA and Dedan Kimathi University Partner to Provide Affordable Laptop Financing for Students

NCBA and Dedan Kimathi University of Technology have formed a partnership to enhance the opportunities for e-learning by providing affordable laptop financing. The aim is to address a significant barrier to quality education, which is the high cost of laptops.

Through this collaboration, Dedan Kimathi University of Technology students will have access to affordable laptops with high-quality features at affordable interest rates. The loan facility will be payable through students’ school fees, with a repayment period of up to 24 months or 8 termly installments. The financing agreement will see NCBA financing 80% of the total cost of the laptop, with students financing the remaining 20%.

NCBA’s Group Director of Retail Banking, Tirus Mwithiga, stated that the initiative is intended to enhance the quality of education by providing students with the necessary tools to succeed in their academic journey. It will also enable them to enhance their digital skills, increasing their competitiveness in the digital economy post-graduation.

The collaboration between NCBA and Dedan Kimathi University of Technology is an exemplary public-private partnership aimed at addressing the significant challenges facing the education sector. It provides an opportunity for financial institutions to invest in education, while educational institutions can leverage the expertise and resources of the private sector to improve the quality of education.

The Vice-Chancellor of the University, Ndirangu Kioni, acknowledged that the cost of quality laptops is a significant barrier to accessing quality education. The university is committed to making learning cheaper and more accessible to students.

Kioni added that the NCBA and Dedan Kimathi University of Science and Technology initiative is an excellent example of financial institutions contributing to the country’s development by investing in education. It is also an opportunity for educational institutions to leverage the private sector’s expertise and resources to enhance education quality.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here