Equity bank has made it easier for customers to receive funds sent via Western union without visiting any of their branches. Customers will now be able to initiate and complete the transaction right on their Equity mobile phone app. The move will make it even easier, just like we previously showed how a similar transaction involving money sent via PayPal can be received hustle free.
Since the bank transitioned from the Eassy App to their very own Equity Mobile, several features have since been introduced including initiating and completed popular transactions like sending and receiving money, paying for various utility bills as well as managing other bank functions such as temporarily disabling your ATM card.
How to Receive western Union funds on your Equity Mobile App
To receive funds via Western Union on Equity Bank’s mobile banking platform, you will need to follow these steps:
- If you don’t already have, download and install the Equity Bank Mobile App on your smartphone. It’s available on both iOS App Store and Android Play Store
- Open the app and sign in using your Equity Bank account login details. If you do not have an account with Equity Bank, you will need to sign up.
- Once you are logged in, select the “Transact” option from the main menu. This menu can be found at the very bottom of the app.
- Scroll down until you see “Transact Through Other Platforms”
- Select “Western Union” underneath
- Then choose “Receive Money”
- Select your preferred bank account from the listed options, then tap “continue”
- You might be asked to agree to Western Union terms and fill in your address if it’s the first time using this option
- On the next page, key in required details; this will include, Western Union MTCN (tracking number), Receiving amount, Receiving money from, Purpose of transaction, then tap continue
- Complete the transaction by entering any other required information such as secret question and answer.
- Review the details of the transaction to ensure that they are correct, and then confirm the transfer.
- Wait for the funds to be credited to your Equity Bank account. This may take a few minutes or up to a few hours, depending on the location of the sender and other factors.