Losing your valuable data could be very frustrating at times especially if you don’t have necessary tools to mitigate by attempting its recovery. This could happen to anyone in today’s digital generation; almost all of our personal information such as photos, videos, documents and audio files are saved on some sort of media- the most common being USB flash drives and memory cards. As of today, there are several tools online that claim to recover your lost data, but just how effective they are, is relative. I have to admit, I have tried most of these software, some are credible but others offer little to no help at these frustrating moments. I’ve come to depend on Wondershare for most of my data recovery solutions, it’s widely used and at least with a reliable reputation from various reviews.
At another opportunity, I’d gladly share some of my frustrations I endured during data recovery efforts of my beloved college life photos that I thought were safely secured on my hard drive. Otherwise, let’s have a look at an impressive tool that might just come in handy to recover your deleted, lost or even formatted data. Basically, Wondershare data recovery tool lets you recover data from your storage media such as hard drives, flash disks, memory cards as well as other devices – that had been either accidentally or deliberately lost via formatting, deletion or corruption. To be precise, amongst many storage devices that Wondershare data recovery tool could come in handy, we’re going to base on the USB flash drives since it’s the commonest of them all. The Wondershare data recovery tool is available in two versions; Trial and Full version – with the trial version having limitations on the amount of data you can recover (100.00 MB). On the other hand, the full version;
- Allows users to recover files in more than 550 formats
- Has 3 Recovery Modes to help you recover lost files under different circumstances
- Supports data recovery from recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera and camcorders
- Preview before recovery allows you to do a selective recovery
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8, 10.9, 10.10 Yosemite) on iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro etc.
Steps to recover data from USB flash drive using Wondershare data recovery tool;
- You’ll need to connect the affected USB flash drive on your computer and launch Wondershare data recovery tool – this should open the application interface
- To continue, go to the wizard mode and select the two questions by simply clicking on next.
- Specify the type of files you intent to recover. i.e. photos, audio files or videos.
- Select the location of files to be recovered – in this case, it’s the external removable USB flash drive.
- Either choose ‘deep scan’ or ‘raw file recovery’ – whichever that suits your needs.
- Click ‘start to scan’ to start the data recovery process
- Preview the files you’d like to recover and select those file from the check boxes
- Click on ‘recover’ to get your lost files.
There could be several data recovery tools out there, but neither is as tried and tested as the Wondershare data recovery tool. It comes in handy as a Flash drive data recovery software during those frustrating moments. With a trial version, users get to test the tool before committing on the paid full version.