Loyalty reward schemes have become popular among mobile service providers in Kenya; Safaricom’s Bonga point has seen customers redeem mobile phones, laptops, free airtime and data bundles depending on points gained. For each Kshs.10 used, customers are rewarded with 1bonga point; Airtel has unveiled its own reward scheme ‘Zawadi points’ to reward its customers for everything they do on Airtel’s network raging from voice calls, SMS, hama and data.
Airtel’s Zawadi points previously known as Rewardz gives Airtel customers who stay and use their services redemption prizes depending on the number of Zawadi points accrued. Re-branding Rewardz scheme to Zawadi points will accumulate points gained prior to re-branding and forward them to the new scheme; however, level points have been substituted with Customer status which gives customers with a higher status more points. Rewardz partners and Rewardz cards will no longer be available.
Airtel Zawadi points customer status;
- Gold status. Customers get 1.2 points for every Kshs10 spend which represents 20% extra points.
- Silver status. Customers get 1.1 points for every Kshs.10 spend an equivalent to 10% extra points
- Bronze status. Customers get 1 point for every Kshs.10 spend; this is the beginning level for new customers.
In order to upgrade your status, Airtel customers need to use their lines more within a month so that their status get upgraded during the following month; this concept will also apply on downgrading customers. If you spend Kshs.200 last month and spend Kshs.300 in the next month, your customer status will be upgraded in the following month i.e. from Bronze to Silver and vice versa.
Airtel Zawadi points do not expire; however, if you don’t use your line within 90 days, your line will be blacklisted. For customers who may be away within 90 days but still want to use their current lines are advised to call customer care on 111 to extent their line.
How to enroll to Airtel Zawadi points;
- Dial *796# on your Airtel line or
- Send a text message with the word ZAWADI to 797
How to redeem Zawadi points;
Currently, Airtel customers can only redeem minutes to make calls as long as they have enough points.
- Dial *796# and reply with 3 to select number of minutes
- You can also send a text message with product code i.e. (VC003 to get 3) to 799